If I were to answer that question before the summer began, my answer would have been completely different than what has actually transpired the last six weeks.
Long story short:
I am pregnant...due March 7. Hooray! However, the last six weeks of our life have been more eventful than we ever expected. After three trips to the hospital (in three different states, for we traveled out to Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota during July), I was finally able to be hooked up (literally) at home with an IV and anti-nausea pump. I have had some ups and downs since we have been home, but overall I am feeling much better than before. I have not been able to go back to school yet, but I know eventually I will start feeling better and be able to return to society.
The great part is that the baby is doing well.
I am so thankful for the love and support that everyone has shown us over the last month or so. Russ' family was so great while we were there. I was either on the couch or head over the porcelain throne the entire time we were on "vacation." I am thankful we were in such great hands.
My family has taken over the laundry, cleaning, and food responsibilities. Even Carson got in on the fun...when the washer was done, he hopped up and said, "Oh. I'll get it," and he proceeded to unload the washer into the the dryer. Wow!
The flowers, candy, frozen cokes, and more have been much appreciated, and every little thing and visitor has brightened my day.
Also...even though he doesn't read the blog, I have to give a shout out to Russell. All along I have kept saying, "Poor Russ," because he has had to endure the good, the bad, and the downright gruesome. Every morning he packs a cooler for me so that I will be able to eat all day without really having to get up. Words can't describe how grateful I am for him. Nothing shows you love someone like waking up in the middle of the night to switch out the trash bag and carry the "used" bag out to the garage. I would hope that I would do the same thing...but I think I would have a limit to the number of times I could be around upchuck city and not do it myself. :-)
I will have to wait until Russ gets home so that I can post my first picture...that's right...it will be a picture of me and the IV. Get excited!
I'm glad to hear you are having better days. I've been wondering... are you going to name her Topanga if it's a girl?
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete