After all of the "drama" we encountered during the first months of my pregnancy, we joked about how we were probably having a girl.
Well it's official...we are adding another GIRL to the Schneider/Gantz family. The ultrasound pictures are pretty funny because she is definitely doing a little spread eagle action to which Russ responded, "We will need to talk to her about that one."
It's been great to be back at school; however, I didn't realize that I would have to explain (or try to avoid explaining) the whole pregnancy process. My students are a tad confused as to why I am not toting around a ninth month belly yet. They simply do not understand that this whole thing takes nine (err...ten) months, and that you don't have the big belly the whole time. Oh the children...I told them to just wait...I will be Big Belly Nelly before they know it.
We just had Fall Break last week, and we were able to hang out with some good friends of the Boilermaker variety, play in a golf outing (Russ), head to Brown County with the Gantz/Bush/O'Leary ladies (me), enjoy a finger-licking good tenderloin at The Bulldog (Russ), and also cross a few items off the house to-do list.
Our main project was the basement. Little did we know our project would include watching 4-5 inches of water drain out of our basement (after realizing the sump pump plug was not entirely connected to the outlet). After a little mess we were back on schedule, and the basement is looking and smelling better than ever (thanks to Russell's bleach scrubbing extravaganza while I stayed away).
Wow...I wrote more than I thought I would. I would love to add pictures, but I didn't take any...hah. We have decided that it is time to upgrade our camera, so come Christmas time maybe I will have some actual pictures to post.
Oh yah...if you are still reading this post...Addie is the name we have decided on for the aforementioned Schneider bambino...Adelynn will be her full name.
Woohoo!!
ReplyDeleteyeah!
ReplyDeleteYay...how exciting! Love the name too! Glad to hear you're able to enjoy this time now and feeling better!
ReplyDeleteYay for Baby Girl Schneider! Love her name. I already bought her something. It was a "must buy" as soon as I saw it. Sorry about your basement...
ReplyDelete