Monday, January 21, 2013

December and January

We made the big haul up to Minnesota for Christmas this year.   I didn't have school the Friday before break, so Addie and I were able to rid the house of anything Christmas on December 21.  I am sure the neighbors were skeptical of my holiday spirit as I chucked the tree out the back patio door later that afternoon, but I was just happy to know that we wouldn't have to take it all down when we returned from our trek up north.  

Addie was a trooper once again, for she did not feel well after we arrived at the lake.  Poor thing...we finally took her to the doctor when we got home, and she had an ear infection.  Looking back at the pictures I can see that she is pulling on her ear in the majority of them...woops.  :-)

We had a great time with the Schneider, Camp, and Chilton clans.  Yes, Russ' grandparents were able to make the trip from Vermont for a Minnesotan Christmas.  Addie and Ellie traded toys and played most of the days they were together.  They are going to have fun as they grow up together.

We closed out the trip with a late night visit to Zorbaz.  Contrary to what Scott and Russ may say about Zorbaz (Zorra's), it is one of my favorite restaurants in lake country. :)

The ride home...well...we made it home, and we will leave it at that.  It did not compare to the ride home during the summer of upchuck, but it was a tad bit brutal.
 
We all recovered from colds, sinus infections, and ear infections as we rang in 2013, but now we are all good to go.  

We have started attending a new church, and we are really enjoying ourselves.  Addie is meeting new friends, and we have met quite a few people too.  

We celebrated JoJo's birthday and my birthday (even though it is tomorrow).  Russell and I were able to attend Jersey Boys as a birthday gift from his parents and from him.  We had a great time, still singing the songs long after the show was over.  Russell and Addie really spoiled me this year because I received an ANDREW LUCK jersey too!  Hey, big spenders! 

Oh yah, I have started playing tennis again...like, actually playing, not just giving lessons.  We have had two matches, and I think the tennis bug is inching back into my life.  Russell just laughs because I need new shoes, new grips, a new bag (they are soooo cute now compared to when I used to play), etc.  He has been supportive and is just happy to see me enjoying tennis again.  He is probably getting scared of the next time we play each other...bring...it...on (love talking trash to him since he doesn't read the blog).

Here's what you came for...the pictures:

Cousin time...Carson and Addie

Merry Christmas from the Schneiders...December 21...tree...out.

Grandma, Addie, and Grampy

Aunt Jennie and Addie

Addie and Aunt Cassie

Don't be fooled by the big cheeks and silly laugh...Addie can be a bully!

Hooray for Christmas!  Addie rocking her Christmas apron.

Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Chilton with Ellie and Addie (yes, she is pulling her ear here)

Matchy matchy...Ellie and Addie

Annie "snowshoe" Schneider...yes, I am in the middle of the lake.

Russell in the middle of the lake

Zorbaz!

Addie and Daddy at the CPMS vs GMS basketball game.



No comments:

Post a Comment