Over spring break I was able to attend a conference for my school's positive based solution program. A team of us from the middle school are going to help implement this program as a district-wide initiative, so our corporation sent six of us to learn the ins and outs of PBIS.
The conference itself was great, and we all came out of it with new ideas. San Diego was unbelievable!! If it weren't so far away from family, I would live there. Ok, the cost of living is a little tough to stomach too, but other than that...yah, I am there. :-) Maybe not...
How did I enjoy such a fantastic city while attending a conference? Well, Russell and I turned it into a mini vacation as he joined me after the conference was over. We walked five hundred miles (maybe a little less) to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. We hopped on a ferry to nearby Coronado (once we found where to buy tickets). We even rented a two seater surrey (sorry, no fringe on top). The surrey was definitely Russ' idea of a good time...I think he might want to buy one to tool around town in. Ok, so it wasn't the most efficient mode of transportation, but hey, now we can say that we rode a surrey around Coronado, and that makes us cool, right? Eh?
As we were living it up San Diego style, Addie enjoyed her stay-cation with my
mom and Aunt Linda. Addie is definitely talking more now, so we are wondering if that is coincidental or if she suddenly learned how to gab from the greatest? :-)
We also visited Terre-fic Haute in order to cap off a great spring break. Addie witnessed her first robotics convention as she watched Uncle Dan at work (no, he wasn't the one building the robot). Mexican food and Addie make a perfect match, for she loved the rice and beans at lunch with Aunt Ali.
| The hotel pool overlooking the bay. |
| La Jolla...La Holy Smokes! |
| Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry when that Russell is on a surrey... |
| Midway aircraft carrier...standing next to a fake man apparently means I should be fake too...haha...hand on hip...yikes. |
| That's our hotel...both towers...what. |
| The big window at the top of this tower is a bar called The Top of the Hyatt...how fun! |
| Look Mom and Dad...JoJo is taking good care of me. :-) |
So now it's back to school for seven-ish weeks, and then it is summer time. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment